As a teacher, I am accustomed to having my children share or write about the many things that make them feel thankful (other than toys, of course). Well, I’m thinking it’s my turn! Here is a list of 30 things I am thankful for within my educational life.
Tried and True
1) I am thankful to work in a noble profession that keeps me on my toes every day. Never a dull day in first grade!
2) I am thankful that regardless of the various changes/complications that sometimes arise in the teaching field, my rock to lean on will always be the children who inspire me and melt my heart daily.
3) I am thankful for all the amazing educators I have worked alongside, and for those I currently work with who make school feel like ‘home’.
4) I am thankful to have a supportive, caring group of parents, many of whom volunteer their own free time to better our classroom.
5) I am thankful for Facebook, Twitter, teacher blogs, and the rest of the social media world for connecting me with so many resourceful teachers/parents that have helped me strengthen my craft.
Just for Fun
6) I am thankful for the kind words, cute notes, and countless hugs I receive daily.
7) I am thankful for comfi, soft-cushioned shoes.
8) I am thankful for corn dog nugget day (guilty as charged).
9) I am thankful for receiving free classroom items through Scholastic each time a parent makes an order. So exciting when a box of goodies shows up!
10) I am thankful for Relay for Life Wednesday and Spirit Day Friday (casual attire permitted…a.k.a…jeans day).
11) I am thankful for the people who have supported my DonorsChoose.org ‘Fluency Fun in First Grade’ project (shameless plug!). Love sitting back and watching the ‘magic happen’ as my project gets funded!
12) I am thankful for The Dollar Tree for filling my classroom shop and project supply bin on a modest teacher’s budget.
13) I am thankful to have a 5 minute commute to work. Not bad!
14) I am thankful for ‘hanitizer’. You teachers out there know what I mean!
15) I am thankful for leftover cupcakes from student birthdays.
16) I am thankful for the invention of the Promethean board. Goodbye chalk dust/annoying transparencies!
17) I am thankful for weekly grade level lotto tickets. It’s only a matter of time before we hit the jackpot!
18) I am thankful for student lunch bunches and class dance parties. Always fun to see the ‘kid’ behind the student…
19) I am thankful for teacher work days, though few and far between!
20) I am thankful for Diet Dr. Pepper for that extra afternoon kick.
21) I am thankful to have holidays/summers off, of course.
22) I am thankful my students think I am a great singer (my husband would tell you otherwise).
23) I am thankful that pencils come with erasers.
24) I am thankful for class jobs. The kids really do keep things running like a well-oiled machine.
25) I am thankful for read-alouds. I have a little too much fun getting into ‘character’.
26) I am thankful for having eyes in the back of my head.
27) I am thankful for Bubbles our class Betta fish. Easiest class pet ever!
28) I am thankful for nurse passes. My poor little ones are so accident prone.
29) I am thankful for recess. I like it just as much as the kids do!
30) I am thankful to all the wonderful subscribers and readers of my blog! THANK YOU!
I’d love to hear what many of you are thankful for to keep this positive mojo flowing! Please feel free to comment in the box below. Happy Thanksgiving!