Let’s be honest. New technology tools can sometimes be frustrating to figure out.
That’s why I’m a big fan of online tutorials. Why spend time (you don’t have) grappling with the unknown when there is a perfectly capable ‘techie’ somewhere out there who has already done the legwork for you!
Below you will find a list of 7 trending tech tools specifically designed for assessment purposes. With strategic integration, these tools will help you enhance instruction while providing you with a comprehensive picture to help drive student learning and achievement. Ooh, and don’t forget to check out the tutorials!
- Kahoot: This digital, game-based platform allows teachers to create and share meaningful, interactive learning activities.
- Nearpod: This multimedia presentation and real-time assessment tool gives teachers the opportunity to design, customize, and share lessons.
- Socrative: This student-response system allows teachers to administer a wide variety of tailor-made assessments.
- Plickers: This quick polling tool allows teachers to assess their class through the use of printable cards and just one mobile device.
- Formative: This online assignment and assessment platform lets teachers access live results and administer feedback.
- Little Bird Tales: This easy-to-use, web-based program allows students to share their knowledge and voice through digital storytelling.
- Kidblog: This unique web tool gives students the opportunity to communicate and safely publish their learning via digital portfolios.
I’m sure I’ve missed quite a few. What are your favorites? Please share any tools you’ve found helpful for formatively assessing your students. The more the merrier!